Sentry Shake - Metal Cedar Shake Roofing
Sentry Shake offers all the rugged alure of split cedar shake roofing, without the high cost and upkeep. Say goodbye to cracking, splitting, flamable wood shingles, and say hello to a maintenance free steel roof, with all the beauty of hand split wood.
Wood is natural, warming, and inviting - which explains why homeowners across America have been using it for roofing for hundreds of years. Nothing really quite compares to the feeling of coming home to a wonderful, rich-looking cedar shingled home.
Unfortunately wood roofing also has several major downsides, including high upkeep, heavy weight, and low resistance to flames. In many areas where wildfires get out of control, homes with wood roofs add to the wildfire, quickly turning into a dry match, and putting the residence in danger. To combat this, as well as to keep up the looks of the roof, wood shake roofing requires treatment every 4-5 years with a coating that helps resist flames, and keep the wood from rotting out.
Introduce: Sentry Shake.
Sentry Shake offers all the looks of wood shake roofing, without the drawbacks. Sentry Shake is:
- Strong & Lightweight - Made from 29 gauge steel
- Long lasting - Protected by a heavy G-90 galvanized coating.
- Beautiful - Carefully pressed and folded into shake shingles using advanced manufacturing techniques and technology
- Warm Hues - Coated with a premium, tough, multi-tone Kynar 500® paint coating
- Easy to Install - Sentry has a hidden fastened interlocking flange, so panels lock together from all sides in an intuitive, simple to understand method.
- 39 ½" Wide x 14 ¼" Height Panel Coverage
- 4 Way Interlocking Design
- Applies Over Solid Substrate
- Material: High Tensile Steel, G-90 Galvanized
- Gauge: 29ga
- Finish: Kynar® 500 PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) Paint system
- Warranty: Lifetime / 40 Years Transferable
- Minimum roof slope 3:12
- Purpose: Roofing panels
Click on the photos below for a high-resolution image.
|Aged Cedar||New Cedar|
- Natural thin-split wood shingle design
- High resolution Kynar paint pattern for realism
- Wood embossing for added texture
- Matching wood stamp design split wood ridge cap
- Full line of color coordinating flashing and edge trims
- Sentry shingles are manufactured with ULTRA-Cool™ coatings from BASF.
- Coatings reflect high percentages of solar radiation, allowing even dark colors to remain much cooler.
Benefits of a Cool Metal Roof
- Lowers your energy bills.
- Increases the life of the roof.
- Helps keep your home's temperature at a more consistent level.
If you need more information or pricing on Sentry Shake, feel free to contact us at any time. Our representatives are there to help you, and are always helpful and courteous.